Tuesday, February 9, 2010

dyptych

So thanks to mother nature and el nino I have had an extended period of time to observe my daughters in action. Now i know that I observe them all the time over the weekends and when my wife is working, but this extended day to day contact has allowed me to notice the following:

Em is an extrovert who is exploring her voice like crazy and is very reactionary. I guess the reactionary comes from being a baby and being exposed to new stimuli all the time, but the extrovert comes from her mother. Short and sweet.

Claire is an introvert who uses her voice sparingly and always seems to be processing things before committing to a course of action. She seems more in tune with how I am in the real world.

It is an eye opener everyday to see them progress. As I spent my third visit to the dr's office waiting for someone to see me, I looked at all of the pictures on my phone and just sat dumbstruck as I realized how tiny they were when they entered the world and how big they are now.

it's been a wild ride so far. more lies ahead hopefully the bubber sisters stay more similar than dissimilar, but however they turn out, I know how lucky I am to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment